Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development
invites applications for a position of
PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR MATERIALS SCIENCE & ENGINEERING CENTER
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
ref. no. PI/MS/2020
Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is an institute focused on development of new technologies by conducting research for the benefit of and in cooperation with industry. PORT means high-class specialists using an infrastructure of the most advanced research and development laboratories in our country. The center’s activities focus on biotechnology (including biobanking) and materials engineering, allowing to carry out both scientific research, as well as pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner.
For our Materials Science Center we are looking for an Investigator, preferably in the rank of an Associate Professor, with broad international contacts and proven scientific accomplishments in the field of semiconductors, as evidenced by publications in top tier scientific journals and presentations at leading conferences as an invited speaker. Ideal candidate should have the ability to formulate sound research hypotheses and to verify them through well-planned experiments. The researcher should be interested in finding solutions with realistic potential to be utilized in industrial applications, in the field of semiconductors or related.
The candidate should be able to seamlessly transition from high-quality basic research, to commercially-oriented applied activities built on the results of his/her basic research.
We have only 2 open positions. Applications will be evaluated in an open competition, by a panel involving external experts. The top candidates will be invited to present their research proposals in Łukasiewicz – PORT at an international symposium.
- Experience in compound semiconductor optoelectronics, familiarity with photonic integrated circuits.
- Established record of successful project execution within R&D activities
- Post-doc training (or other type of internship, e.g. scientific exchange) abroad in one of the leading research centers.
- Proven ability to raise funds from external sources, including international grants and/or funds from the industry.
- Experience in successfully conducting research in cooperation with other companies.
- Experience in running own research group and managing projects.
- Proven ability to convince others to innovating ideas, and to implement them effectively.
- Excellent command of the English language.
Preferred: experience in applied research and/or collaboration with the industry.
- Full-time contract and competitive salary at the level of remuneration for research group leaders in leading international centers commensurate with experience.
- 36 days of paid holidays annually.
- One-time relocation bonus, help in the relocation, residence permits, etc.
- Funding for the team
- Annual research budget – negotiated individually but not less than at the level of 50 000 euro per year, guaranteed for a minimum first 3 years of research.
- Laboratory and office space for the PI and the team members.
- Administrative and organizational support.
- Access to the state of the art equipment in the Core Facility.
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary and international environment.
Please send your resume via link:
Application deadline: 30.11.2020
Please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby give my permission for the processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents for the purposes of recruitment process for the Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, ul. Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław carried out presently or in the future by the company PORT, according to personal data protection law (GDPR). This permission for the processing of my personal data includes also the processing of these data in the future, provided that the purpose of the processing remains the same.
I hereby acknowledge that the disclosure of my personal data is voluntary, and that I have been informed of the right to access my personal data, and to correct such data.”
Please note that we will contact only selected candidates.