Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development currently seek applicants for PhD students in the Synaptogenesis Research Group
Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is an institute focused on development of new technologies by conducting research for the benefit of and in cooperation with industry. PORT means high-class specialists using an infrastructure of the most advanced research and development laboratories in our country. The center’s activities focus on biotechnology (including biobanking) and materials engineering, allowing to carry out both scientific research, as well as pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner.
Location: Wrocław, Poland
Nr ref.: PhD/TP/2020/08
The selected candidate will be dedicated to work in a project financed by National Science Center (NCN) grant 2019/33/B/NZ3/02528 “Amotl1 mutant mice as a novel model of human psychiatric disorders associated with social dysfunctions”.
- Leading designated scientific project.
- Planning, designing and conducting scientific experiments.
- Writing manuscripts, presenting results at international scientific meetings.
- Active participation in the laboratory operations.
- Master degree (or equivalents).
- Willingness to start PhD study or status of PhD student.
- Experience in laboratory work in the field of biology especially in cell biology, biochemistry, or neuroscience.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Very good English (both written and spoken, our team is international).
- Experience in neuroscience and in mouse behavioral studies will be additional benefit.
- Full time scholarship contract.
- Competitive salaries.
- Work in young, dynamic and ambitious group.
- Cutting edge research with a good publishing record of the group.
- Training in the use of modern techniques including work with conditional knockout mice for tissue-specific deletion, complex biochemistry and protein complex purification, in vivo imaging of synapses.
- We subsidies private medical care.
More information can be found at our Lab website: www.synaptogenesis.pl
Please send your resume via link:
Application deadline: October 15th, 2020