Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development
invites applications for a position of
HEAD OF BSL3 LABORATORY
Ref. No. HL/BSL3/2020
Ł-PORT is part of the Łukasiewicz Research Network, the 3rd largest research network in Europe.
Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is an institute focused on development of new technologies by conducting research for the benefit of and in cooperation with industry. PORT means high-class specialists using an infrastructure of the most advanced research and development laboratories in our country. The center’s activities focus on biotechnology (including biobanking) and materials engineering, allowing to carry out both scientific research, as well as pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner.
We are looking for a highly motivated person with strong organizational skills to head the newly developed high containment biological laboratory (BSL3 class) located in Wrocław, Poland.
The ideal candidate should have:
- biology/microbiology/virology (or similar) background
- a proven record of work with human and/or animal pathogens in at least a BSL2 class laboratory, preferably BSL3
- experience in laboratory management (day-to-day and longitudinal planning)
- knowledge of regulations required by the law, necessary to run high containment laboratory
- experience in laboratory internal and external audits will be a plus, as well as professional titles and state exams such as diagnostician or specialists in laboratory medicine.
- Supervision of the laboratory staff with the proper assessment of the performance and proper care of the social and friendly working atmosphere within the team
- Promoting the improvement of the professional qualifications of the laboratory employees
- Training or supervision of the training of the laboratory personnel
- Organization of work within the laboratory, including preparation, keeping, storage, and circulation of proper laboratory documentation
- Control of the laboratory archives, including proper paperwork (results and reports) and biological/diagnostic material
- Development and supervision over detailed procedures to be employed in the laboratory
- In the case of diagnostic tests, interpretation and supervision over the interpretation of the results of laboratory test, authorization and supervision over the test reports carried out by the unit
- Maintaining the schedule for the internal and external staff and working teams and ensuring the reliability, training and proper timing of scheduled work and documentation of research
- Compliance with legal regulations
- Participation in, and giving opinions on the purchase of the laboratory equipment, reagents, personal and group protective equipment
- Managing laboratory budget
- Full-time contract on the position Chief Specialist
- Competitive salary
- Laboratory and office space
- Administrative and organizational support
- Access to the state of the art equipment in the laboratories
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary and international environment
- Social benefits like co-financing for private medical care and holiday
Please send your resume via link:
Application deadline: 31.10.2020 r.
Please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby give my permission for the processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents for the purposes of recruitment process for the Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, ul. Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław carried out presently or in the future by the company PORT, according to personal data protection law (GDPR). This permission for the processing of my personal data includes also the processing of these data in the future, provided that the purpose of the processing remains the same.
I hereby acknowledge that the disclosure of my personal data is voluntary, and that I have been informed of the right to access my personal data, and to correct such data.”
Please note that we will contact only selected candidates.