Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development invites applications for a position of Bioinformatician (Computational Biologist)
Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is an institute focused on development of new technologies by conducting research for the benefit of and in cooperation with industry. PORT means high-class specialists using an infrastructure of the most advanced research and development laboratories in our country. The center’s activities focus on biotechnology (including biobanking) and materials engineering, allowing to carry out both scientific research, as well as pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner.
Localization: Wrocław, Poland
No ref. B/MS/2020
A position is available in the new team which will start at the dynamically growing Biotechnology Center at Łukasiewicz-PORT in the fall 2020. We are looking for an enthusiastic researcher to broaden our think-tank. The ideal candidate has a proven track record evidenced by prior publications and is capable of independent and ‘out of the box’ thinking. This position provides a great opportunity for employing your computational experience to a rich collection of our unique experimental data, to facilitate your quick personal growth and create an immediate scientific impact.
- Establishing work pipelines for data analysis originating from various models (iPSC, human samples, transgenic mice).
- Interpretation of own -omics data (RNAseq, metabolomics, …) and their integration with published resources, to validate original findings in the context of cell type and disease (e.g. GSEA).
- Pathway analysis to decipher signaling pathways affected by a disease state or targeted genetic manipulation (e.g. IPA).
- Keeping an industry-standard work documentation.
- Staying up to date with modern analysis approaches in the field.
- Scientific duties in your background methods.
- PhD in bioinformatics (acceptable is M.Sc. supported by a track record of relevant papers).
- Experienced to work with -omics data.
- Knowledge of different data formats, scripting and programming languages.
- Knowledge of statistical methods in the context of biological systems.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- Internal drive to learn new skills.
- Professional level of English.
- Experience with high-throughput screening methods is an advantage.
What we offer:
- Full Time contract at the position of Chief Specialist in R&D Department.
- Competitive salary and social benefits.
- Scientific and organizational support.
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary environment.
- Contact with broad network of international collaborators within academia and top pharma companies.
Candidates are requested to submit:
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team.
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions.
- 1-2 reference letters.
Please send your resume via: https://system.erecruiter.pl/FormTemplates/RecruitmentForm.aspx?WebID=9efdbc6b70c1411d8eb553d480edd3de
Application deadilne: 15th of October